Getting in just under the wire today with SOLC #6 – and trying my first “Currently” post, thanks to my friend, Fran McVeigh. This will be fun!
- Suitcases packed & waiting for our departure to the train station.
- Watching “The Office” with my daughter & nephew.
- Worrying about what I have forgotten to pack.
- Unsure how our dogs, Reece & Dug will do while we are gone.
- Calling the depot A-gain to check train arrival status … currently 3 hours 26 minutes late.
- Wishing we were already in our seats, falling asleep for the night.
- Thinking about my sub & hoping she is sound asleep – she’s gonna need it!
- Getting ready to take the dogs upstairs so they won’t see us packing our suitcases to the car, which would stress them out terribly.
- Wondering what that strange, stale smell is as I sit in the train depot.
- Trying to figure out if the guy sitting across from me is speaking German or French to his traveling companion. Maybe it’s Italian?
- Having second thoughts about deciding I wasn’t hungry an hour ago.
- Hoping we all wind up sitting in the same car together.
- Happy I changed into my comfy leggings for this overnight adventure.
- Ready for the spring-like weather awaiting me in Portland.
- Excited to experience a train journey with my girls as I reflect on the fun I had taking the train as a child with my parents decades ago.