When I read her first #SOLC18 post, I was immediately hooked. Leigh Anne Eck @ A Day in the Life is hosting a party for any and all slicers who would like to come. It’s a great way to make new connections with fellow slicers – and it’s a great go-to post if you’re struggling for inspiration. Thanks for the invite, Leigh Anne. Head over to her post now (or anytime this month!) if you want to come along too!
What I am bringing:
- Favorite book: I’m going with the first one that comes to mind – Jen Hatmaker’s For the Love. There are not many books that make me laugh out loud, but hers definitely does. It is one that I have read and reread. Her style of writing is engaging and super fun & I find that I relate a lot to the topics she writes about.
- Favorite person: I have a lot of favorite people, so this is hard. I think I want to go with a fictional character – someone who cracks me up to no end: Junie B Jones. Having raised 4 daughters who all loved read alouds with Junie B., I think she would be hysterical at a gathering with teachers!
- Favorite food: A dear friend of mine introduced me to the yummiest lemon cookies I have ever tasted: Quadratini Lemon Wafer Cookies are amazing! The burst of lemon that you experience when biting into these bite size babies is like none other.
- Favorite song: Anything by ABBA. Great music to share in a group!
- A surprise! I would bring a huckleberry pie. Unless you’re from the pacific northwest, you’ve likely never tried huckleberries. It’s always fun to share this delicious delight with newbies. Excellent warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream – delicious!