We are in the double digits of the March Slice of Life Challenge! To begin my post today, I want to say a big thank you to the team at Two Writing Teachers for all of the time and effort it takes each March to organize and pull this month of writing off. You all have busy lives, and taking on this endeavor certainly adds a lot to your already full plates. I know I speak for every blogger participating when I say THANK YOU!
Today I am borrowing a fun idea from my friend & fellow kindergarten teacher, Christie Wyman. I love this opportunity to share in the happiness others are experiencing, and to share my own. Feel free to borrow Christie’s image below and share your current happiness with a link back to this original post, and/or leave a comment below.
Here are a few things that are making me especially happy today…
- If you read my post yesterday, you know I am in Spokane for a 2-night getaway with my husband to see a favorite Christian worship leader, Chris Tomlin who is in concert tonight. Hotel life is the best!
- Dinner out last night at a favorite restaurant: The Old Spaghetti Factory. What a treat! I relished every single bite.
- Technology in my classroom is so my friend right now… Thanks to a new friend I made on Voxer, I have jumped into the deep end of Seesaw and Classkick with my students. Most of the 50 standards I need to assess for report cards have been done in one of these apps, which is going to make report card preparation much easier!
- I’m taking this one from Christie’s Happy Party list – and thank you for posting it, because I didn’t know that Rami Malek won the best actor Oscar for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody. Oh my goodness, I could write an entire post about my love for that movie. I’ve seen it three times and own the blue ray.
- The Lenten season is upon us, and for the first time my husband and I are diving into learning about and more actively participating in this important season in the Church calendar. With the help of this daily devotional, we are growing more deeply in our faith together.
- A day before me with NO agenda! Back to my Spokane getaway..this morning we woke up when we wanted to, ate breakfast, worked out, and are getting ready to meander around the downtown area and explore unique shops and sample food and drinks from any and every place that beckons.